LIGNA: Hall 14 | 50 machines | 5000 square meters
At the LIGNA 2019 trade fair, HOMAG will once again fill hall 14 with machines, software, and technical innovations for wood processing — all live in action. Small woodworking shops and large industrial companies alike will feel right at home in more than 5000 m² of exhibition space.
HOMAG requires such a vast space in order to house its huge range of machinery, cells, systems and software for wood processing.
As part of the HOMAG claim "YOUR SOLUTION", HOMAG will show visitors holistic solution concepts that allow large or small businesses to meet modern market requirements and the trends of the future.
This year, companies that manufacture components will find relevant innovations on an extra-large, solid-wood platform, supplemented by all topics surrounding automation solutions for prefabricated housing. In addition, WEINMANN will be presenting the latest machine technology for the house construction industry at a separate stand in hall 13.
Numerous HOMAG experts from our sales, technology and service departments will be on hand in hall 14 and hall 13 just waiting to talk to visitors about all these topics.
The heart of the HOMAG stand is the Innovation Center — here, HOMAG will take visitors on a journey through time to see the "furniture of the future" and the technologies that may be required to build it. Definitely worth a look!
- Integrated cell concepts in various performance classes and for different requirements
- Woodworking shops — step-by-step into the digital world: an overall concept built from single parts
- Software and digital features in live application demonstrations
- Service: new services tailored to different requirements for woodworking shops and industry
- Batch size 1 concept for industrial high-performance operation
- Surface technology with new and optimized solutions for sanding, painting and laminating
- Components manufacturing and everything on the latest automation solutions for prefabricated housing construction — from frame work production and automated panelization concepts through fully automated handling and storage systems
- Individual machines (edge processing and CNC machining, sanding, panel dividing)
- Innovation Center: a journey through time in the wood processing industry with a view of the furniture of the future ("Smart Furniture")
WEINMANN presents the latest technology for fully automatic insertion of loose insulation material in wood frame components — fully automatic, efficient and with a final visual inspection
Solutions for woodworking shops Step-by-step: an overall concept built from single parts
The central questions relating to woodworking shops that HOMAG will answer at the stand in hall 14 are: What concrete possibilities does digitalization offer small and medium-sized businesses today? Which easy-to-use assistants and features can support carpenters in their day-to-day work?
There is a wide range of possible answers. However, there is one key factor: the user does not have to invest in an entire system — instead, they can opt for individual machines, hardware, applications and apps that can communicate with each other and integrate them into their workshop. Thanks to this approach, interest in digital solutions is increasing among woodworking shops.
What types of technology are already in use today?
- Transferring production data to machines, for example a panel dividing saw, in the form of optimized cutting patterns is already a reality for many companies. But how would it be if the data was just one click away in a digital job folder? Suddenly, even manual machines, or manual workstations in the bench room, could be supported by smart devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.). Drawings and parts lists could also be viewed with just one click at construction sites, regardless of location.
- Assistance systems are also significantly simplifying work processes. For example, HOMAG has developed operator assistance systems for machines called "intelliGuide": these systems guide machine operators through the necessary steps and show how they must be performed.
- The next step is software-based assistance systems for manual workstations...
- ...and therefore, using such digital developments should give companies a real chance to tackle the shortage of skilled workers, which is currently a significant problem for the industry in general.
Making digital concepts come alive
After the LIGNA fair, HOMAG will offer woodworking shops further tools for greatly simplifying day-to-day work and supporting processes in addition to existing features. These will be demonstrated live. They are incorporated into new integrated cell concepts, ranging from small workshops and networked concepts for woodworking shops through automated SMB solutions, all of which are available in various performance classes.
Each concept has a different focus, enabling every company to select and adapt the components and digital products that are right for them and their operation.
Autonomous production & batch size 1 in high-speed performance
For companies using entry-level industrial applications for production and those in the industrial furniture production sector, HOMAG will also exhibit an integrated cell concept and a holistic, industrial high-tech solution for industrial operations. This is also available in various performance classes.
- For mid-sized panel-processing companies, an interlinked and fully networked cell that processes panels autonomously will also be demonstrated live in action. The features of the cell included driverless transport systems (TRANSBOT), first exhibited at HOLZ-HANDWERK. The focus is on interaction between human and machine, resulting in a fully automated production process, from the cutting stage right through to finished and packaged furniture ready for delivery.
- Visitors from the industrial furniture production sector will find new production technologies and approaches in a state-of-the-art solution for batch size 1 format processing and edge processing in high-speed performance.
New features across the board: Surface finishing expertise at LIGNA
Technological developments for surface processing are continuing at HOMAG. This will be evident at LIGNA 2019:
Surface solutions take center stage in the exhibition space at the trade fair in Hannover. Machines for surface and profile painting, sanding machines in different performance classes, solid wood profiling and the latest developments in the field of lamination will all be on display. HOMAG will also be represented at the Makor stand: Over the last two years, HOMAG has enjoyed a close creative partnership with the painting system specialist from Italy.
HOMAG will be presenting new technologies and features for all aspects of surface processing, offering users new ergonomic, smart and efficient methods for manufacturing high-quality furniture.
Innovation Center: a journey to the future of furniture manufacturing
The heart of the HOMAG stand is the Innovation Center, where this year, LIGNA visitors can take a journey through time in the furniture manufacturing industry with an exhibit including outstanding milestones and technical innovations from the history of the wood processing industry. Toward the end of the exhibit, the focus turns to the future: What will the furniture of the future ("Smart Furniture") look like? What challenges will we face? How can HOMAG help its customers to meet these challenges?
In addition to unusual ideas, HOMAG will present real-world examples at the end of the tour through the Innovation Center — futuristic ideas brought into reality.
The proto_lab project (production tomorrow laboratory) also had a significant influence on this exhibit. The interdisciplinary team working on this research project consists of participants from four faculties at TH Rosenheim and experts from the HOMAG group, as well as participants from other partners in the furniture industry and the Seeoner Kreis (a regional alliance of industry professionals). During the last few months, this group has experimented, analyzed and predicted in order to develop practical solutions.Back to List