LIGNA 2019: Hall 14 | 50 machines | 5000 square meters
At LIGNA 2019, HOMAG will once again fill the entirety of Hall 14 with machines, software and technical innovations for wood processing – all live in action. Small trade businesses and large industrial companies alike will feel right at home in more than 5000 m² of exhibition space.
HOMAG requires such a vast space in order to house its huge range of machinery, cells, systems and software for wood processing.
Discover YOUR SOLUTION through HOMAG's holistic approach to modern market requirement and future trends. Manufacturers of components will find this year’s new products on an extra-large solid wood platform – joined by all topics concerning automation solutions for prefabricated housing construction. In addition, WEINMANN will display the latest machine technology for house construction at a trade fair stand in Hall 13.
Numerous HOMAG experts from Sales, Technology and Service are looking forward to speaking with visitors and will be on site to answer any questions in Hall 14 and Hall 13.
The heart of the HOMAG stand is the InnovationCenter, where this year, LIGNA visitors can take a journey back in time through the technological milestones in the furniture manufacturing industry. But we are also looking ahead: HOMAG will demonstrate innovative solutions for the machine operation of the future, the intelligent workpiece and new, smart technologies that have the potential to become future milestones.
- Integrated, holistic cell concepts in different performance classes for various target groups
- Solutions for trade businesses – step-by-step into the digital world: an overall concept built from single parts
- Solutions for medium-sized companies & industry: Networked, individual cells and high-performance furniture production for high-productivity operation in batch size 1
- Software and digital features in live application demonstrations
- Services along the entire life cycle: New services tailored to different requirements for trade and industry
- Surface technology with new and optimized solutions for sanding, painting and laminating
- Components manufacturing and everything on the latest automation solutions for prefabricated housing construction — from frame work production and automated panelization concepts through fully automated handling and storage systems
- Individual machines (edge processing and CNC machining, sanding, panel dividing)
- Innovation Center – future-proof solutions for our customers since 1960: A journey back in time through the technological milestones of furniture production and a look at smart, innovative solutions for the future
- PowerTouch2: The latest generation of machine operation – even faster and more convenient
WEINMANN presents the latest technology for fully automatic insertion of loose insulation material in wood frame components — fully automatic, efficient and with a final visual inspection
Solutions for woodworking shops Step-by-step: an overall concept built from single parts
At the stand in Hall 14, HOMAG will deal with central questions faced by trade businesses, such as: What specific opportunities does digitization offer small and medium-sized businesses today? Which easy-to-use assistants and features can support carpenters/joiners in their day-to-day work? How can every business find the right building blocks for their own "workshop of the future"?
TODAY: What types of technology are already in use today?
- The transfer of production data to machines such as a panel dividing saw, in the form of optimized cutting patterns, is already a reality in many companies.
- Assistance systems are also significantly simplifying work processes. For example, HOMAG developed its range of "intelliGuide" operator assistance systems for machines: These systems show the operators of panel dividing saws, edge banding machines and drilling machines the next steps to take.
- The next step is software-based assistance systems for manual workstations...
- ...and therefore, using such digital developments should give companies a real chance to tackle the shortage of skilled workers, which is currently a significant problem for the industry in general.
FUTURE: What options is HOMAG offering following LIGNA?
Along with the current features, from LIGNA onwards, HOMAG is offering trade customers further tools for enabling businesses to simplify day-to-day work without any great effort and to support processes. However, one thing takes priority above all: The user does not need to invest in an entire system but can instead opt for individual machines, smart hardware, software and digital assistants that communicate with each other and integrate these into their workshop.
Visitors can experience what exactly this will be like live In Hanover – thanks to the presentation of two new, integrated cell concepts specially designed for carpenters and joiners:
"Your solution for digital entry":
At some point, almost every business faces the question of how best to get started. To this end, HOMAG offers simple entry-level solutions that allow the user to gain transparency, recognize potential for optimization and improve existing production processes. Under the "Digital entry" workshop concept, HOMAG will demonstrate a corresponding scenario at LIGNA. One employee accompanies a job throughout the entire production process. Visitors can witness the challenges they face and the new opportunities they can use to solve these live at LIGNA.
"Your solution for the networked, digital workshop":
As part of the "Networked, digital workshop" workshop concept, HOMAG will demonstrate at LIGNA how every machine is operated by a single employee. The areas of work preparation, machinery and the bench room are organizationally separated from one another. The job data is already partially available to machine users in digital form. At LIGNA, users can see how the work processes can be adjusted in a step-by-step process.
Each concept includes different focuses and modules, allowing every business to put together the components and digital products that are right for them.
"Networked, individual cells" and "High-performance furniture production"
For companies using entry-level industrial applications for production and those in the industrial furniture production sector, HOMAG will also exhibit an integrated cell concept and a holistic, industrial high-tech solution for industrial operations. This is also available in various performance classes.
- "Your solution for networked, individual cells": Panel-processing businesses in the medium-sized sector can witness an interlinked and fully networked cell that autonomously processes panels live in action. Among other things, driverless transport systems (TRANSBOT), presented for the first time at HOLZ HANDWERK, will be used here. The focus will be on the interaction between human and machine. This results in a fully autonomous production process from cutting to the finished packed furniture – ready for delivery.
- “Your solution for high-performance furniture production”: Visitors from the industrial furniture production sector will find new production technologies and approaches in a state-of-the-art solution for batch size 1 format processing and edge processing with high-speed performance.
New features across the board: Surface finishing expertise at LIGNA
Technological developments for surface processing are ongoing at HOMAG. This will also be evident at LIGNA 2019:
Surface solutions will take up a large proportion of the exhibition space at the Hanover trade fair. Machines for surface and profile painting, sanding machines in various performance classes, solid wood profiling as well as the latest developments in laminating will be on display. In addition, HOMAG will be represented at the Makor stand – HOMAG has cultivated a close and creative partnership with the coating system specialists from Italy for 2 years.
HOMAG will be presenting new technologies and features for all aspects of surface processing, offering users new methods for manufacturing high-quality furniture in an ergonomic, smart and efficient way.
Innovation is in our DNA – Innovation Center: Future-proof customer solutions since 1960
The heart of the HOMAG stand is the Innovation Center, where this year, LIGNA visitors can take a journey back in time through the technological milestones in the furniture manufacturing industry. How have HOMAG and the entire industry grown with wood-processing businesses in recent decades? The world of wood processing is only what visitors see at LIGNA 2019 today thanks to constant exchange and feedback from users. But we are also looking ahead: at the Innovation Center, HOMAG will once again prove that innovation is part of the company's DNA. We will be showcasing innovative solutions for the machine operation of the future, the intelligent workpiece and new, smart technologies, which have the potential to become future milestones in the furniture manufacturing industry.
The project "proto-lab" (production tomorrow laboratory) has also played a substantial role here. The team for the interdisciplinary research project consists of the TH Rosenheim with four faculties from the university, experts from the HOMAG Group and other partners in the furniture industry as well as the Seeoner Kreis (Seeon Circle). Together, the team has spent recent months experimenting, analyzing and thinking ahead, developing practicable solutions in the process.
powerTouch2: The next generation – Even faster and more convenient machine operation
With the powerTouch operating concept, HOMAG revolutionized the art of machine operation in 2013. Now, HOMAG has adapted the touchscreen operating concept to today’s requirements. The basis for the machine operation is formed by a multi-touch monitor, where the machine functions are controlled using direct touch. The operation remains child's play: Many features are similar to those of a smartphone or a tablet. This allows almost all HOMAG machines to be operated in the same way.
The machine operation is now…
- …more intuitive: The powerTouch2 image screen has a clearer, more transparent layout. The menu design allows the eye to take in all essential elements at a glance.
- …even faster: The user can input information on the machine more quickly, delivering time savings of around 30% compared to the previous version. But how? Thanks to new features, such as automatic word completion, a pop-up keyboard that can be kept open and Windows-like functions such as the selection of common actions directly via the start button.
- …even more comfortable: HOMAG has further improved the traffic light dialog. The user can now directly influence the machine’s production readiness by selecting actions directly via the traffic light icon.